Why we ask for personal data
DNA is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal data you provide us for the purpose of this event registration
How we gather your Personal Data
When we communicate with you (including your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, any other personal information you provide and the content of our communications).
When you register for any DNA event (including your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, work position, transaction details). Please note this does not include any financial information collected during the payment process. This information is held securely by the payment gateway.
When you attend any DNA event (including your name, email address, work position, passport details, dietary requirements, emergency contacts, seminars and events booked/attended, areas of interest, exhibitors of interest etc)
When you subscribe to DNA email or postal mailing lists (including your name and email or postal address, as appropriate).
Other information that you choose to provide or send to us during our relationship.
How we’ll use your personal information
We’ll only use your personal information for our legitimate business purposes as set out in this privacy notice. We’ll make it clear to you if we intend to use your information for any purpose that is not obvious. We use your data:
- To administer our events
- To enable your use of our services, including registration and attendance at our events and booking of flights and other methods of travel.
- To respond to your requests for information
- To send you email or postal mail e.g. tickets, brochures or newsletters that you have specifically requested
- To send invoices, reports, statements, payment reminders and collect payments from you
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints by or about you
- To understand how you (and others) are using our services and to help us improve and develop our services, including conducting internal analyses
- To send you other necessary information about our services and our relationship
- To contact you about new DNA services, offers, events or news where it is legitimate for us to do so
- To otherwise manage our relationship with you or comply with our contractual obligations
- As is otherwise necessary for our legitimate business interests
Electronic badges and lead scanning
We use badge scanning technology at selected events for improved efficiency and security reasons and to help improve your experience and Networking with other attendees on a mobile app – attendees have the option to Opt-in to share their contact details for networking and direct messaging purposes when using the attendee mobile app.
When we share your personal information with others
We work collaboratively with other suppliers as part of providing our services and we may need to share your information with them as follows:
- With our client hosting the event
- Consultants, partners and service providers: We may share your information with our consultants and partners to deliver services such as, catering.
- Travel, transportation and accommodation providers: We may share your contact information (first name, surname, organisation name, email address), passport or travel ID information, the duration of your stay including when you arrive and depart the host city as well as your travel preferences, e.g. frequent flyer programme and dietary requirements for in-flight meals with our travel agent, hoteliers and ground transfer partners to arrange your travel, transportation and accommodation during the event.
- Professional advisors and insurers: We may have to provide information to our advisors as necessary for running our business.
- Regulatory bodies and law enforcement: We may disclose personal information to a third-party authority, such as a law enforcement agency, if required to do so by law.
- Please note this does not include any financial information collected during the payment process
How we store your information and keep it secure
We’ll take care to ensure that your personal information is secure. We follow stringent security protocols across our business to ensure that information is protected.
We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to our systems.
We restrict access to personal information to contractors and agents on a need-to-know basis.
When we share information with our suppliers, we enter into agreements with them requiring them to comply with all applicable laws and controlling further distribution or disclosure of the information to other parties.
How long we will hold your information
We’ll try not to keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the permitted purposes. We regularly review the data we hold and implement programmes to delete unnecessary information from our systems.
We may need to keep certain information for reasonable business or legal purposes (e.g. accounts information, unsubscribe records, information needed to prevent identity theft, legal disputes and misconduct) even if deletion has been requested.
Your data protection rights
You have these rights in relation to your information:
- Access: You can obtain confirmation of whether we hold any information about you and, if so, you can access your information and details of how we process it, as long as this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Rectification: We will rectify any errors in the personal information we hold on request.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information from our systems in the following situations:
- The information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected
- You withdraw your consent on which the information processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing
- You object to the information processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing
- The information has been unlawfully processed
- The information must be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict our information processing on specified grounds.
- Notification: Where you’ve asked us to rectify, delete or restrict processing of your information, we’ll pass on your instructions to anyone we’ve shared your information with, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort, in which case we’ll let you know.
Contacting us about your privacy
Our Operation Manager is Anne Smith. You can contact her with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this privacy notice
We’ll regularly review and update this privacy notice and will ask for your consent before using your personal information in a way that is significantly different.
This policy applies from January 2020
This policy was last updated 2020